Playday is holding a playday tomorrow – next to the Battersea Park Adventure Playground, for which the Council may still start charging children to play on the equipment. Playday is a celebration of children’s right to play, and a campaign that highlights the importance of play in children’s lives.
The event is taking place at Battersea Park ( adjacent to the adventure playground) from 12noon until 4pm. The Mayor will be visiting about 1pm. The Council says ‘The event is specifically to celebrate play and its benefits and to encourage parents and carers and children to play together.’
On offer is a range of traditional games and activities encouraging healthy competition between spots and stripes delivered by Groundwork, e.g. sack races, tug-o-war, egg and spoon races and lots more.
- Stilt walking and balloon crafting/magic show and dancing competition by Bertie and Boo
- Circus Skills – Press Play
- Balloon crafting – Lord Geoffrey the Balloon Man
- Healthy Eating Workshop – Mange Tout
- Drumming workshop
- Face painting
- Parachute games
- Long rope skipping
- Arts and crafts -(handprint a giant Playday logo!)
- Multi sport activities