Wandsworth Labour is looking for an experienced and ambitious Campaign Manager to help us win control of the council in the 2018 elections.
We need you to help shape and implement our campaign plan. You will know how to:
- Run successful large-scale campaigns
- Organise events and motivate groups of volunteers
- Use data to make evidence-based decisions
- Create content for print and digital
The position is full-time and will require flexible working, including some work at the weekend and in the evening.
The salary is £32,000 – £35,000 per year, dependant on experience. This is a fixed-term contract from the time of appointment to the end of May 2018.
To apply, please send your CV and with a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role to email@example.com by January 30, 2017.
Interviews will take place in early February 2017.
Why do we need a Campaign manager?
To develop and execute the campaign plan for the 2018 elections. To build our Labour councillors, candidates and volunteers into a highly effective campaigning team. To oversee creation of campaign materials online and in print and to lead the continual improvement of campaigning and communication across the borough.
What will be their responsibilities?
- Work with the Regional Organiser, Labour group, councillors, MP, Assembly Member, Local Campaigns Forum (LCF) and Constituency Labour Parties (CLPs) to plan and oversee a winning campaign for the 2018 elections
- Work with key partners to develop key campaign themes and organise major campaigns around these
- Build the capacity of individual ward teams to undertake effective campaigning, both online and on the doorstep
- Create and edit content for ward newsletters, websites, emails and direct mails.
- Source and maintain accurate data to enable evidence-based decision-making
- Celebrate and spread local best practice in campaigning and communications and to provide training for members
- Foster a ‘test and learn’ culture of innovation and continual improvement
- Build up membership and volunteer activity in the borough in line with the Party’s aims and objectives
- Attend meetings of the CLPs, Labour Group and the LCF as required
- Be aware of relevant legislation and codes of practice and to ensure all activities are compliant
What sort of person will be successful?
The Campaign Manager must be able to work proactively, demonstrate innovation, communicate effectively, work collaboratively, share their expert knowledge, be results-driven & value and respect others.